Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Madame Mustache

I publish this photo today because my dear friend Claudistar laughed at it so hard. The Madame Mustache shop sells souvenirs in Tombstone, AZ. But I couldn't actually find a mustache or even a razor there. So the strange name probably originates from the former owner. But what did this "madame" think? Was she proud of her mustache? Is any woman today proud of her facial hair? I don't think so. Not in the western hemisphere anyways. Nowadays most women are obsessed to remove all hair on their bodies. Was it different in the past? Maybe. I am lucky because my facial hair is blond and thus almost invisible. So I don't see the need to shave or wax my face. It would be pretty timeconsuming and awkward, too. However, if I had a visible mustache I would probably wax. I mean imagine the stares in public... I couldn't stand to be that "outstanding."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home