Monday, March 27, 2006

Muffin Top Syndrome


Hello dear reader,

as I learned today, Elvis' Graceland becomes a National Landmark. Congratulations! Wait a minute... A National Landmark what is that anyway? I couldn't find a satisfying explanation on the net. All I found out is that Graceland will join the Alamo, Pearl Harbor, the White House and Mt. Vernon as a National Historic Landmark. A logical question for me to ask now is "Why Graceland?" Well, the Interior Department claims the following:
"While there are many historic places across the nation, only a small number have meaning to all Americans — these we call our National Historic Landmarks."
Okay, then it's probably just a matter of time that they designate Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch a national treasure, too. Good luck to you, Michael!
Another thing that makes me wonder is Priscilla Presley. Damn, she looks like a ghost! She can't even smile anymore. Another vivid example of plastic surgery gone bad.

Whatever, what will probably interest you more or wetten your appetite respectively, is that I baked some pretty yummy muffins today. Pumpkin Muffins from my new favorite cooking book Vegan with a Vengeance. I didn't know that vegan food can taste so delicious! Plus, it's so simple (P.S. I don't get payed to write this!)!
C U tomorrow.



3 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger Skyephire said...

Hi. I love Elvis and your blog caught my eye. Why a National icon? Graceland is a famous place because it's deceased owner Elvis was so famous. It might as well be what they've made it, because it was one, anyway- without the official status! Welcome to the world of blogspot!

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger di said...

Hi Nightskye,
you are absolutely right. Graceland is famous because Elvis was famous. But I never said anything against Elvis. What I think is that Graceland contributed nothing to the national history of the united states. Pop culture - Yes, absolutely! But national history? I mean compare this place to the Alamo or Pearl Harbor. It's not comparable.
With this said, thank you for welcoming me to the world of blogspot.

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Willie Baronet said...

You had me at Elvis... :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home